Saturday, January 24, 2009

The 1st Dance Recital

Today was my four-and-a-half-year-old daughter's very first dance recital! Six little munchkins in their light purple leotards and frilly, white tutus. Six pairs of black tap shoes and six pairs of pink ballet shoes. And about 30 bright smiling faces watching the show.

I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever been so proud! My daughter did all of the steps. And she left space for the other girls. And she curtsied at the right time. And she smiled. Not as big as I was smiling, though. Watching her brought back such wonderful memories of my own dancing years with Mrs. Hossman, Mrs. Andreaux, Roberta, Mary, and a whole host of other dance teachers. I can only hope my daughter enjoys it half as much as I did.

Here's to many more years of tutus and tap shoes!

No comments: